Wednesday 16 May 2012

Zoomed in image of the shorts

After a very tidious/stressfull sewing session I managed to sew the shorts together. The connecting bits of fabric where they had been laser cut were so fragile then when I was sewing them together alot fo them ripped- very annoying! Another problem I came across with the shorts was that I had cut to much out that they would be completely see-through if someone put them on, so for underneath them I made a pair of simple light weight slightly opaque cotton shorts. I used the white to tie in with the shrit, and also to not take away and almost frame the blue cut out sections. Originally I made the white shorts a bit longer than the blue ones, but it just looked messy and the edges of the laser cute blue shorts were lost. I ended up cutting-while on the mannequin about half an inch off, so the white shorts are just a bit shorted than the blue. Im glad I id this because now you can see the lovely delicate edges of the shorts. When I had made the design I planned it so all along the bottom of the shorts the design went over the end of the shorts, to create the delicate raw edges.
-images taken by David


No comments:

Post a Comment