Wednesday 16 May 2012

Illustrations

I wanted to incorporate the left over pieces from the laser cutter in my final out come but I was not to sure how I would do that. I did some experimental illustrations using the actual pieces on a plain figure to see if I could get some inspiration. As seen in the illustrations all of the idea are on a large scale using lots of the pieces. These ideas are very unrealistic, not only on the scale, but the amount of pieces I would need to make these. Obviously I had a limitation (because of how many small pieces I have). I needed to make a smaller scale piece that would tie in with my shorts, these illustrations gave me the idea of putting them onto a crop top the was donated.
The amount of left over pieces should just about cover a section of the top, I think the white with pale blue on it will show the pieces off nicely, and bring out the slightly burnt edges of the fabric (burnt edges from the laser cutter).











No comments:

Post a Comment