Tuesday 8 May 2012

Shorts-Laser cutting ideas

The images below are of a pair of shorts that were donated to us im planning on using a pencil design and getting it laser cut into them. I also cut a few inches off the length, when they were donated to us they were knee length and looked more like a skirt then shorts, so to make them modern i chopped some of the length off. I chose these shorts in particular because I liked the fabric (and the fabric would easily be cut on the laser cutter) also the colour of them would fit in with my colour scheme....and personally I just liked them !!
 After editing my image on photoshop and taking it to the laser cutter, Adan (technician) told me the image would NOT work out how I had planned. So I went up to the mac suit and asked for some help, after a fantastic tutorial by the technician in there I re-worked the image using vector works (which I had never used before) - even tough it took AGES Adan said the image would work, in the long run the image will turn out how I want it to and I learnt a new skill (even though it took me a pain painstakingly extra 5 hours on a computer).

No comments:

Post a Comment