Monday 30 April 2012

Discussing Qualities

Assessing my samples there are a few which have worked the best, and have qualities I plan on further developing. The first, laser cutting- although I haven't actually produced any samples of my own using the machine, seeing the samples that were on show there and other garments I have seen previously have lead me to believe that the outcome will be very effective.
The second is the Embelisher machine- the idea of bonding two fabrics together produces some very interesting effects, the machine also gives the fabrics a withered look and can bring pattern through ever so slightly onto a plain fabric.
The third is print- the first screen I had made ripped a bit so the technician has made me a second. tomorrow im going to experiment with the ideas of layering the screen printing using different colours, flock, and foils. From now on im going to focus (for the most part) on using blue and different shades of the colour. One such print im going to experiment with, was the printing onto bondaweb and then ironing the material on. Im thinking if I don this and iron it onto printed fabric i will get a better effect (the colour showing up more).

No comments:

Post a Comment