Tuesday 24 April 2012

Lloyds TSB

When I was walking around Manchester Picadilly gardens the other day I came across a group of people protesting against Llyods TSB bank. I spoke to one of the people participating, he said they were doing this to make people aware of how un-ethical Lloyds bank is and how people should move their money accounts to other banks like The Co-Operative. I had no idea before this that banks could even be un-ethical.
http://www.dontbankonlloydsethics.com/2011/10/chapter-4do-lloyds-banks-unethi...
This website explains how a bank, in particular Lloyds TSB can be un-ethical to its clients.This demonstration caught my attention, so much so i stopped and started talking to the people protesting, they made me aware of something I had no previous knowledge of such a thing even existing. Im thinking maybe we could approach our advertisement for getting people to donate clothes to our cause, because I imagine most people wont even be aware of the situation (much like how I wasn't aware of the Lloyds TSB thing.

Img-20120314-00770
This image above I took of the protest, I wish now I had taken a video of it because this picture doesn't portray the mood they were making. The group was playing loud music - to grab the attention of people walking by - they were also talking loudly on a microphone adding to the attention grabbing.The group, I though got the people around them and walking by to notice them, equally getting these people to realize this issue. We as a group had discussed handing out flyers along Oxford street to get people to donate clothing, the only problem is there's so many people doing the same thing its hard to get noticed. I know I do it - in fact I don't always even read them! So to get ourselves noticed were going to have to do something obnoxious, like the people in the group above to get attention.We spoke to Julie about ideas, and the possibility of getting the drama students to get involved, were thinking they could dress up 9obviously as something relevant to our project) and hand out fliers......surely that would get people interested ???

No comments:

Post a Comment