Sunday 19 February 2012

Project 2: Aquariums

Personal Brief
The theme I have decided to undertake for project two is about Aquariums (coral, anemones, aquatic creatures. ect). The idea for this project came from the previous task of ordered opposites, mine were trapped and free. Whilst at the zoo taking pictures for this I went into the aquarium section, where I was amazed at the beautiful colours textures and shapes contained in these environments.
I plan on going to another aquarium and a pet store, the library, and a few exhibitions; where i will collect visual images, information, and drawings. Then incorporating it all into the workshop weave. Through experimentation with textured colourful materials (yarns-threads) and weave structures, I will also be experimenting with a technique called seer suckering.
Having done weave before I am more aware of the techniques and materials to experiment with, also the ways about starting. This time around I will be working directly from all my own images, and incorporating my ideas into a fashion context.

No comments:

Post a Comment