Sunday 19 February 2012

SS-2012

Spring Summer 2012 trends in fashion
My aim for this project is to put my weave in a fashion context. So, to see the current trends I had a nosey around on Style.com. Much to my surprise one of the major trend this season is 'Oceans 12'. There has been a number of designers working with the ideas of coral, sea creatures, anemones ect. These designers, such as Alexander McQueen, Versace, Balmain and many more have been experimenting with rich colours, textures and elements of 3D design. 
My personal favourite was Versace, possibly favoured over the others because of the story behind the collection- 'a surfer falling in love with a mermaid' what a fantastic thought ! 
The image below is one of the campaign pictures, i loved the use of vibrant blues and water, almost as if a mermaid was emerging from the ocean. The colour scheme reminded me of an image from the aquarium of an almost elegant piece of coral. So, i took inspiration from the two images and created a series of samples from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment