Thursday 29 March 2012

Designing my poster

When designing my poster I took many things into consideration. I wanted to keep it simple, but catch the eye - so I went with a cartoon of a recycling bin with our group name above in bright colours with the locations where the bins will be below. To try to incorporate the Photoshop skills learnt in previous classes, I used Photoshop to layer the drawing and writing with computer typing, and colouring in the words. Although I ended up going over the letters again with pencil crayon, just to give it a bit of a hand rendered look ( just to make it not as flat). I looked at many different kinds of posters but my main inspiration for the poster design was from my favorite flyer - given to me at the student fare to join lacrosse. The poster was simple, but it grabbed my attention and made me laugh! because of this its always stuck. Just like this poster i wanted to design something that would have this effect on others, and make them want to join in, grab their attention and help !
[[posterous-content:pid___0]][[posterous-content:pid___1]]

No comments:

Post a Comment