Wednesday 9 February 2011

Statement Of Work Submitted

I have chosen the pieces in my portfolio because they display a wide variety of the skills I have learnt this year in my foundation course. The images showcase my creative personality through experimentation using traditional and non traditional methods, as well as a variety of media. In a large percentage of the images I have focused on designing modern print designs, which seems fitting because seen in the current spring/summer collections for 2011 many designers are using bold colours with print (For example Alexandre Herchcovitch s/s11) . Print is an aspect of textile design I am very interested in pursuing and furthering my knowledge of. Another large part of my portfolio pieces I have selected revolve around colour. Colour is a key element in any design created, it can enhance or darken a mood within moments...
Recently I designed a collection of textile designs for the architecture project, I used bright pink, acid yellow and cobalt blue, I think that this collection is very relevant to what is being seen on the catwalks of s/s 11, due to the bright colour-print theme this season.
I have applied for this course because I believe that in the right environment my skills will grow and flourish to the level I desire. The degree program you offer appeals to me because it will allow me to experience other areas of textile design before I decide which one I will major in, once experiencing this it will also allow me to integrate aspects of other methods into the pathway I specialize in.
I have lived in Canada and London, which have both been very insightful experiences and I think that living and studying in Manchester would add to my cultural knowledge and expose me to new areas of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment